2. Absorb. Look at other artists' works on the web or printed media or galleries to spark the desire to create something that beautiful.
3. Play. Just PLAY with your paints until something starts to emerge. This can be lots of fun.
4. Set a Goal. Set a goal for learning or exploring a subject or technique which will generate its own inspiring thoughts.
5. Explore. Go exploring outside, by foot or vehicle, looking for things that grab your eye.
6. Feel. Start with a feeling or a piece of music or poetry - how would you paint that? Try to imbue everything you do with that feeling - from first sketch to mixing paint, to each brush stroke - let it all be an expression of one idea."
May 2014 be a creative year for all of us. Happy New Year.