Monday, May 13, 2013

A Beautiful Winter Morning by Colleen O'Connor

A Beautiful Winter Morning was done with watered down acrylics on watercolor paper after Linda Feinberg shared her Stephen Quiller video with me (Acrylics the Watercolor Way: Stephen Quiller Paints a Landscape) and we used the technique with the students in my program (21st Century Community Learning Center at Henry J. McLaughlin, Jr. Middle School). (See photo in first blog post on this site to see what the students accomplished.)


I worked from a photo I took one morning when I went out ice fishing with "the boys" at Pillsbury State Park in Washington, NH. 

The second is of a few cards I whipped up this week. Not sure if they look that great... I like to use scraps from other projects, so even when the papers are the same, every card is different. 


The third photo is of some of my hand painted Easter eggs. Every year I blow the insides out and paint a unique egg for everyone in my family. None of the designs are planned, it's just what I feel like painting at the time. Although delicate, they can be completed rather quickly and I love the variety of my designs. 

Colleen is a teacher in Manchester with the 21st Century Community Learning Center at Henry J. McLaughlin, Jr. Middle School.  She is also looking for a full time art teacher position in the fall.



To contact Colleen O'Connor: cmoconnor9@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment